MAKADIOSTA.COM

MAKADIOSTA stands for 'Mga Kaparian sa Diyosesis sa Talibon' (Priests of the Diocese of Talibon). This is an internet forum for priests and their friends of the Diocese of Talibon, Bohol, PHILIPPINES. Welcome!

New forum updates are in effect. See the forum tutorial/announcements for instructions.

STORIES TO TELL

solomon

Male
Hometown : Candijay,Bohol
Ordained : 1995-04-27

STORIES TO TELL

Post by solomon on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

any story you would like to share...
waiting angels

mags

Re: STORIES TO TELL

Post by mags on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:30 am

The Great Reframe

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet.
He held up a sign which said: 'I am blind, please help.' There were only a few coins in the hat.

A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and
dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some
words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.

Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money
to the blind boy. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how
things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, 'Were u the one
who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?'

The man said, 'I only wrote the truth. I said what u said but in a different way.'

What he had written was: 'Today is a beautiful day and I cannot see it.'

Do you think the first sign & the second sign were saying the same
thing? Of course both signs told people the boy was blind. But the first sign
simply said the boy was blind. The second sign told people they were so lucky
that they were not blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?

Moral of the Story:

Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative. Think differently and positively.

Invite the people towards good with wisdom.
Live life with no excuse and love with no regrets..

When Life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have
1000 reasons to smile. Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence.
Prepare for the future without fear. Keep the faith and drop the fear.

Don't believe your doubts and doubt your beliefs. Life is a mystery
to solve not a problem to resolve. Life is wonderful if you know how to live.

Enjoy Life.......and Make A Difference.. ...

laveender

Post by laveender on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:30 pm

solomon wrote:
laveender wrote:Matter of Taste

By Matthew Sutherland (British journalist stationed in the Philippines.This was written in 1999)

I have now been in this country for over six years, and consider myself in most respects well assimilated. However, there is one key step on the road to full assimilation, which I have yet to take, and that's to eat BALUT.

The day any of you sees me eating balut, please call immigration and ask them to issue me a Filipino passport. Because at that point there will be no turning back.
BALUT, for those still blissfully ignorant non-Pinoys out there, is a fertilized duck egg. It is commonly sold with salt in a piece of newspaper, much like English fish and chips, by street vendors usually after dark, presumably so you can't see how gross it is.

It's meant to be an aphrodisiac, although I can't imagine anything more likely to dispel sexual desire than crunching on a partially formed baby duck swimming in noxious fluid. The embryo in the egg comes in varying stages of development, but basically it is not considered macho to eat one without fully discernable feathers, beak, and claws. Some say these crunchy bits are the best. Others prefer just to drink the so-called 'soup', the vile, pungent liquid that surrounds the aforementioned feathery fetus... excuse me; I have to go and throw up now. I'll be back in a minute.

Food dominates the life of the Filipino. People here just love to eat. They eat at least eight times a day. These eight official meals are called, in order: breakfast, snacks, lunch, merienda, merienda cena, dinner, bedtime snacks and no-one-saw-me- take-that- cookie-from- the-fridge-so-it- doesn't-count.

The short gaps in between these mealtimes are spent eating Sky Flakes from the open packet that sits on every desktop. You're never far from food in the Philippines . If you doubt this, next time you're driving home from work, try this game. See how long you can drive without seeing food and I don't mean a distant restaurant, or a picture of food. I mean a man on the sidewalk frying fish balls, or a man walking through the traffic selling nuts or candy. I bet it's less than one minute.

Here are some other things I've noticed about food in the Philippines :

Firstly, a meal is not a meal without rice - even breakfast. In the UK , I could go a whole year without eating rice. Second, it's impossible to drink without eating. A bottle of San Miguel just isn't the same without gambas or beef tapa. Third, no one ventures more than two paces from their house without baon (food in small container) and a container of something cold to drink. You might as well ask a Filipino to leave home without his pants on. And lastly, where I come from, you eat with a knife and fork. Here, you eat with a spoon and fork. You try eating rice swimming in fish sauce with a knife.

One really nice thing about Filipino food culture is that people always ask you to SHARE their food. In my office, if you catch anyone attacking their baon, they will always go, "Sir! KAIN TAYO!" ("Let's eat!"). This confused me, until I realized that they didn't actually expect me to sit down and start munching on their boneless bangus. In fact, the polite response is something like, "No thanks, I just ate." But the principle is sound - if you have food on your plate, you are expected to share it, however hungry you are, with those who may be even hungrier. I think that's great!

In fact, this is frequently even taken one step further. Many Filipinos use "Have you eaten yet?" ("KUMAIN KA NA?") as a general greeting, irrespective of time of day or location.

Some foreigners think Filipino food is fairly dull compared to other Asian cuisines. Actually lots of it is very good: Spicy dishes like Bicol Express (strange, a dish named after a train); anything cooked with coconut milk; anything KINILAW; and anything ADOBO. And it's hard to beat the sheer wanton, cholesterolic frenzy of a good old-fashioned LECHON de leche (roast pig) feast. Dig a pit, light a fire, add 50 pounds of animal fat on a stick, and cook until crisp. Mmm, mmm... you can actually feel your arteries constricting with each successive mouthful.

I also share one key Pinoy trait ---a sweet tooth. I am thus the only foreigner I know who does not complain about sweet bread, sweet burgers, sweet spaghetti, sweet banana ketchup, and so on. I am a man who likes to put jam on his pizza. Try it! It's the weird food you want to avoid. In addition to duck fetus in the half-shell, items to avoid in the Philippines include pig's blood soup (DINUGUAN); bull's testicle soup, the strangely-named "SOUP NUMBER FIVE" (I dread to think what numbers one through four are); and the ubiquitous, stinky shrimp paste, BAGOONG, and it's equally stinky sister, PATIS.

Filipinos are so addicted to these latter items that they will even risk arrest or deportation trying to smuggle them into countries like Australia and the USA, which wisely ban the importation of items you can smell from more than 100 paces.

Then there's the small matter of the purple ice cream. I have never been able to get my brain around eating purple food; the ubiquitous UBE leaves me cold.

And lastly on the subject of weird food, beware: that KALDERETANG KAMBING (goat) could well be KALDERETANG ASO (dog) ...

The Filipino, of course, has a well-developed sense of food. Here's a typical Pinoy food joke: "I'm on a seafood diet. "What's a seafood diet?" "When I see food, I eat it!"

Filipinos also eat strange bits of animals --- the feet, the head, the guts, etc., usually barbecued on a stick. These have been given witty names, like ADIDAS" (chicken's feet); "KURBATA" (either just chicken's neck, or "neck and thigh" as in "neck-tie"); "WALKMAN" (pigs ears); "PAL" (chicken wings); HELMET" (chicken head); "IUD" (chicken intestines), and BETAMAX" (video-cassette- like blocks of animal blood). Yum, yum. Bon appetit.

"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches"-- (Proverbs 22:1)

WHEN I arrived in the Philippines from the UK six years ago, one of the first cultural differences to strike me was names. The subject has provided a continuing source of amazement and amusement ever since. The first unusual thing, from an English perspective, is that everyone here has a nickname. In the staid and boring United Kingdom , we have nicknames in kindergarten, but when we move into adulthood we tend, I am glad to say, to lose them.

The second thing that struck me is that Philippine names for both girls and boys tend to be what we in the UK would regard as overbearingly cutesy for anyone over about five. Fifty-five-year- olds colleague put it. Where I come from, a boy with a nickname like Boy Blue or Honey Boy would be beaten to death at school by pre-adolescent bullies, and never make it to adulthood. So, probably, would girls with names like Babes, Lovely, Precious, Peachy or Apples. Yuk, ech ech.

Here, however, no one bats an eyelid.

Then I noticed how many people have what I have come to call "door-bell names". These are nicknames that sound like -well, doorbells. There are millions of them. Bing, Bong, Ding, and Dong are some of the more common. They can be, and frequently are, used in even more door-bell-like combinations such as Bing-Bong, Ding-Dong, Ting-Ting, and so on. Even our newly appointed chief of police has a doorbell name Ping . None of these doorbell names exist where I come from, and hence sound unusually amusing to my untutored foreign ear.

Someone once told me that one of the Bings, when asked why he was called Bing, replied, "because my brother is called Bong". Faultless logic. Dong, of course, is a particularly funny one for me, as where I come from "dong" is a slang word for well; perhaps "talong" is the best Tagalog equivalent.

Repeating names was another novelty to me, having never before encountered people with names like Len-Len, Let-Let, Mai-Mai, or Ning-Ning. The secretary I inherited on my arrival had an unusual one: Leck-Leck. Such names are then frequently further refined by using the "squared" symbol, as in Len2 or Mai2. This had me very confused for a while.

Then there is the trend for parents to stick to a theme when naming their children. This can be as simple as making them all begin with the same letter, as in Jun, Jimmy, Janice, and Joy.

More imaginative parents shoot for more sophisticated forms of assonance or rhyme, as in Biboy, Boboy, Buboy, Baboy (notice the names get worse the more kids there are-best to be born early or you could end up being a Baboy).

Even better, parents can create whole families of, say, desserts (Apple Pie, Cherry Pie, Honey Pie) or flowers (Rose, Daffodil, Tulip). The main advantage of such combinations is that they look great painted across your trunk if you're a cab driver.

That's another thing I'd never seen before coming to Manila -- taxis with the driver's kids' names on the trunk.

Another whole eye-opening field for the foreign visitor is the phenomenon of the "composite" name. This includes names like Jejomar (for Jesus, Joseph and Mary), and the remarkable Luzviminda (for Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao , believe it or not). That's a bit like me being called something like Engscowani" (for England , Scotland , Wales and Northern Ireland ). Between you and me, I'm glad I'm not.

And how could I forget to mention the fabulous concept of the randomly inserted letter 'h'. Quite what this device is supposed to achieve, I have not yet figured out, but I think it is designed to give a touch of class to an otherwise only averagely weird name. It results in creations like Jhun, Lhenn, Ghemma, and Jhimmy. Or how about Jhun-Jhun (Jhun2)?

How boring to come from a country like the UK full of people with names like John Smith. How wonderful to come from a country where imagination and exoticism rule the world of names.

Even the towns here have weird names; my favorite is the unbelievably named town of SEXMOAN (ironically close to Olongapo and Angeles). Where else in the world could that really be true?

Where else in the world could the head of the Church really be called Cardinal Sin?

Where else but the Philippines !

Note: Philippines has a senator named JOKER, and it is his legal name. panda
thanks for posting ate laveends...nalingaw kaajo ko hehehe... di jud ikabaylo ning atong pagkapinoy...bahalag nagkamalisud sa kinabuhi basta naay balut, lechon, dinuguan, siopao, ginamos, buwad, ug labaw sa tanan, humbang nangka! hahahaha

(wa pa tingali katilaw nis Matthew Sutherland sa GITOOK - ginamos gitongtongag ok-ok hahahaha)

giggling Cgurado wa pa ni katilaw "gina (ginamos) with oks (ok-ok)".... kahilak unta sijag popcorn..... lol!

laveender

Post by laveender on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:32 pm

A holy man was having a conversation with God one day and said, " God, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like."

God led the holy man to two doors. He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in.

In the middle of the room was a large round table.In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew, which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water.

The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished.

They were holding spoons with very long handles, that were strapped to their arms and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful. But because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.

The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering. God said, 'You have seen Hell.'

They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of stew which made the holy man's mouth water.

The people were equipped with the same long-handled spoons, but here the people were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking.

The holy man said, 'I don't understand.'
It is simple,' said God. 'It requires but one skill. You see they have learned to feed each other, while the greedy think only of themselves.'

... share a spoon

laveender

Post by laveender on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:10 pm

HAY, BUHAY AMERICA TALAGA!

A friend name "Mang Ni" posted this
Lahat ng sinabi niya nakakatuwa at totoo.

Akala ng mga tao na nasa Pilipinas kapag nasa America ka akala nila
madami ka ng pera. Ang totoo, madami kang utang, dahil credit card lahat
ang gamit mo sa pagbili mo ng mga gamit mo. Kailangan mo gumamit ng
credit card para magka-credit history ka, kase kapag hindi ka umutang o
wala kang utang, ibig sabihin wala kang kapasidad magbayad.

Akala nila mayaman ka na kase may kotse ka na. Ang totoo, kapag hindi
ka bumili ng kotse sa America maglalakad ka ng milya-milya sa ilalim ng
init ng araw o kaya sa snow. walang jeepney, tricycle o padyak sa
America.

Akala nila masaya ang buhay sa Amerika, Ang totoo, puro ka trabaho,
kase pag di ka nagtrabaho, wala kang pambayad ng bills mo sa kotse, credit
cards, ilaw, tubig, insurance, bahay at iba pa. Hindi ka na pwedeng
tumambay sa kapit-bahay, kase busy din sila maghanap-buhay pangbayad ng
bills nila.

Akala nila masaya ka kase nagpapadala ka ng pictures mo sa DisneyLand ,
Seaworld, SixFlags, Universal Studios at iba pang attractions. Ang
totoo, kailangang ngumiti ka, kasi nagbayad ka ng $70.00 para makarating ka
dun, kailangan mo naman ng 10 hours na suweldo mong pinangbayad sa
ticket.

Akala nila malaki na ang kinikita mo kase dolyar na sweldo mo. Ang
totoo, malaki pagpinalit mo ng peso, pero dolyar din ang gastos mo sa
america, Ibig sabihin ang dolyar mong kinita sa presyong dolyar mo din
gagastusin. Ang 15.00 pesos na sardinas sa Pilipinas $ 1.00 sa America, and
isang pakete ng sigarilyo sa Pilipinas 40.00, sa America $6.50, ang
upa mo sa bahay na P10,000 sa Pilipinas, sa America $1,000.......

Akala nila buhay milyonaryo ka na kase ang ganda ng bahay at kotse mo.
Ang totoo milyon ang utang mo. Ang bago mong kotse 5 taon mong
huhulugan o higit pa. Ang bahay 30 taon mong huhulugan. Ibig sabihin, alipin ka
ng bahay at kotse mo.

Madaming naghahangad na makarating sa America . Mahirap maging normal na manggagawa sa Pilipinas.
Madalas pagod ka sa trabaho. Pag dating ng sweldo mo, kulang pa sa pagkain mo.pero ganuon din
sa ibang bansa katulad dito sa America. hindi ibig sabihin dolyar na ang
sweldo mo, yayaman ka na, kailangan mo ding magbanat ng buto para
mabuhay ka sa ibang bansa.

Isang malaking sakripisyo ang pag-alis mo sa bansang pinagsilangan at
malungkot iwanan ang mga mahal sa buhay. hindi pinupulot ang pera o
pinipitas. hindi ako naninira ng pangarap, gusto ka lang buksan ang bintana
ng katotohanan......HE>HE>>>>HE

KAYA PAG-ISIPAN NINYO MABUTI KUNG GUSTO NIYO D2 SA AMERICA.

silvester

Post by silvester on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:32 pm

ASKED FROM GOD

I asked God to take away my pain
God said, No.
It is not for Me to take away, but for you to give it up

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No.
His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.
Patience is a by-product of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.
I give you blessings. Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to Me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.
You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
God said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea

NASA and the Bible

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:42 pm

NASA and the Bible

For all the scientists out there, and for all the students who have a hard time convincing these people regarding the truth of the Bible, here's something that shows God's awesome creation, and that He is still in control.

Did you know that the space program is busy proving that what has been called "myth" in the Bible is true? Mr. Harold Hill, President of the Curtis Engine Company in Baltimore, Maryland, and a consultant in the space program, relates the following development :

"I think one of the most amazing things that God has done for us today happened recently to our astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt,Maryland. They were checking out where the positions of the sun, moon, and planets would be 100 years and 1,000 years from now. We have to know this so we won't send up a satellite and have it bump into something later on in its orbits. We have to lay out the orbits in terms of the life of the satellite and where the planets will be so the whole thing will not bog down."

They ran the computer measurement back and forth over the centuries, and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and put up a red signal, = 20 which meant that there was something wrong with either the information =20 fed into it or with the results as compared to the standards.

They called in the service department to check it out, and they said,=20 "What's wrong?' Well, they found there is a day missing in space in =20 elapsed time. They scratched their heads and tore their hair.

There was no answer.

Finally a Christian man on the team said, "You know, one time I was in Sunday School, and they talked about the sun standing still". While they didn't believe him, they didn't have an answer either, so they said, "Show us." He got a Bible and went to the book of Joshua where they found a pretty ridiculous statement for any one with 'common sense.' There they found the Lord saying to Joshua, "Fear them not, I have delivered them into thy hand; there shall not a man of them stand before thee." Joshua was concerned because he was surrounded by the enemy, and if darkness fell, they would overpower them. So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun stand still! That's right...' The sun stood still and the moon stayed and lasted not to go down about a whole day!' (Joshua 10:12-13)

The astronauts and scientists said, 'There is the missing day!' They checked the computers going back into the time it was written and found it was close but not close enough. The elapsed time that was missing back in Joshua's day was 23 hours and 20 minutes...not a whole day.

"They read the Bible, and there it was 'about (approximately) a day. These little words in the Bible are important, but they were still in trouble because if you cannot account for 40 minutes, you'll still be in trouble 1,000 years from now. Forty minutes had to be found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits.

"As the Christian employee thought about it, he remembered somewhere in the Bible where it said the sun went BACKWARDS. The scientists told him he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read these words in 2 Kings that told of the following story:

Hezekiah, on his deathbed, was visited by the prophet Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die. Hezekiah asked for a sign as proof. Isaiah said 'Do you want the sun to go ahead 10 degrees? Hezekiah said, It is nothing for the sun to go ahead 10 degrees, but let the shadow backward 10 degrees.' Isaiah spoke to the Lord, and the Lord brought the shadow ten degrees BACKWARD!

"Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty-three hours and 20 minutes in Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make the missing day in the universe!" Isn't it amazing?

References: Joshua 10:8 and 12, 13 and 2 Kings 20:9-11.

Forward this to as many people who you believe should believe in God's awesome power. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
laveender

Female

Post by laveender on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:03 pm

'The Law of the Garbage Truck'

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly.

So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!' This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.

The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so..... 'Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't.'

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:00 am

solomon wrote:
cleopatra wrote:
jacob wrote:Essay from a Woman who has Love in her Heart, but Bad English in her Head

• Posted by inday melissa unajan nga flores na ron

We' ve been friends for a long time ago. We come from the same alma mother. Actually, our paths crossed one time on another. But it's only now that I gave him a second look. I realized that beauty is in the eyes. The pulpbits of my heart went fast, really fast. Cute pala siya. And then, he came over with me. He said, "I hope you don't mine. Can I get your number?" Nag-worry ako. What if he doesn't give it back? He explained naman na it's so we could keep intact daw. Sabi ko, connect me if i'm wrong but are you asking me ouch? Nabigla siya. Sagot niya, The! Aba! Parang siya pa ang galit! Persona ingrata!!! Ang kapal niya! I cried buckles of tears.

Na-guilty yata siya. Sabi niya, isipin mo na lang na this is a blessing in the sky. Irregardless daw of his feelings, we'll go ouch na rin. Now, we're so in love. Mute and epidemic na ang past. Thanks God we swallowed our fried. Kasi, I'm 33 na and I'm running our time. After 2 weeks, he plopped the question. "Will you marriage me?" I'm in a state of shocked. Kasi mantakin mo, when it rains, it's four! This is true good to be true. So siyempre, I said yes. Love is a many splendor.

Pero nung inaayos ko na ang aming kasal, everything swell to pieces. Nag-di-dinner kami noon nang biglang sa harap ng aming table, may babaeng humirit ng, "Well, well, well. Look do we have here." What the fuss! The nerd ng babaeng yon! She said they were still on. So I told her, whatever is that, cut me some slacks! I didn't want this to get our hand kaya I had to sip it in the bud. She accused me of steeling her boyfriend. Ats if! I don't want to portrait the role of the other woman. Gosh, tell me to the marines! I told her, "please, mine you own business!" Who would believe her anyway?

Dahil it's not my problem anymore but her problem anymore, tumigil na rin siya ng panggugulo. Everything is coming up daisies. I'm so happy. Even my boyfriend said liketwice. He's so supportive. Sabi niya, "Look at is this way. She's our of our lives."

Kaya advise ko sa inyo - take the risk. You can never can tell. Just burn the bridge when you get there. Life is shorts. If you make a mistake, we'll just pray for the internal and external repose of your soul. I second emotion.

KINSA KAHA TAWN ALMA MATER ANI NIYA?????D KAHA NI TAGA SAA??? so sad surprise
uy, kalami ra aning ijang iningles kompara sa iningles sa mga tawo diri hahaha

ang kusog mangoreksyon naka appreciate ra jud tawn,.,,wahehhehe...kalinaw!!!!
silvester

Male
Hometown : D&G

Post by silvester on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:20 pm

USE YOUR STRENGTHS

One day, an angel was roaming in the forest. It was a very beautiful day. The angel saw trees touching the sky, and leaves were swinging with cool breeze. Flowers were smiling, painted with beautiful colors, and the birds were singing. Angel was very pleased to see the beauty that God had created; it was a magical feeling.

After walking a little further, the angel saw a rose plant. The rose plant was crying. The angel felt very sad.

The angel asked the rose plant, "Why are you crying, my child?"

The rose plant replied, "God doesn't love me as much as he loves other plants."

And the angel said, "What makes you think that, my beautiful?"

Rose plant then said, "God gave me a thorn."

The angel said, "Awwww, God didn't give you a thorn, you were born with the thorn. God blessed you with a beautiful flower with beautiful carved petals. God blessed you with a sweet fragrance. You are remembered as a symbol of love. God blessed your beauty to live with the thorn."

Live your life with your strength, not with your weakness
[/color]
laveender

Female

Post by laveender on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:58 pm

The Mayonnaise Jar and 2 Cups of Coffee

When things in your lives seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 cups of coffee.

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front
of him. When the class began , he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty
mayonnaise jar and proceeded t o fill it with
golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He
shook the jar lightly. The
pebbles rolled
into the open areas between the
golf balls. He then asked
the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it
into the jar. Of course, the
sand filled
up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students
responded with an unanimous "yes."

The professo r then produced two cups of coffee from under
the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the
sand . The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things--your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions--and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car. The sand is everything else--the small stuff. "If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend
all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

"Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time
to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal.
Take care of the golf balls first--the things that
really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just
sand . "

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked.

It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:48 am

laveender wrote:The Mayonnaise Jar and 2 Cups of Coffee

When things in your lives seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 cups of coffee.

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began , he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.
The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled
into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.
The professor next picked up a box of sandand poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once m ore if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous "yes."
The professor then produced two cups from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things--your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions--and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. pebbles are the other things that matterlike your job, your house and your car. sand is everything else--the small stuff. "If you put the into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you."Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal.Take care of the golf balls first --the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

nindot jud kaajo ni, ate lavs. maayo ni nga pahinumdum nato nga kanunay madani sa mga dili mabulokon nga mga butang...hehehe
bobcat

Male

Post by bobcat on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:08 pm

nindot jud ni da...makaaghat pod sa pagpangita kung asa ra tong akong mga golf balls...
laveender

Female

Post by laveender on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:48 pm

titus wrote:
laveender wrote:The Mayonnaise Jar and 2 Cups of Coffee

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began , he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.
The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled
into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.
The professor next picked up a box of sandand poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once m ore if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous "yes."
The professor then produced two cups from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things--your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions--and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. pebbles are the other things that matterlike your job, your house and your car. sand is everything else--the small stuff. "If you put the into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you."Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal.Take care of the golf balls first --the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

nindot jud kaajo ni, ate lavs. maayo ni nga pahinumdum nato nga kanunay madani sa mga dili mabulokon nga mga butang...hehehe

grinning haha2 korek ka jan kuya titus....

sugod natag tigom "golf balls"
solomon

Male

Post by solomon on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:09 pm

Kini, paborito sa mga wali:

Usa ka adlaw niana, samtang nagbugwal si Torquato didto sa iyang uma, nakalotan niya ang usa ka talagsaong botelya. Ug sanglit naputos kini sa lapok iyang gitrapohan ug gihinloan. Ug sa kalit mitungha ang gamhanan nga genie.

Genie: "Hohoho! Salamat sa imong pagpalingkawas kanako! Tungod niini, hatagan ko ikaw ug 3 wishes. Bisan unsa imong pangayoon akong ihatag apan dili mo na kini mabakwi pa busa hunahunaa ug maayo! Hohohoho!"

Torquato: (Sa way duhaduha) "Gusto ko'ng mahimong pinaka-adunahan sa tibuok kalibutan!"
Genie: "Matuman ang imong gusto!"

Midalogdog ang kalangitan, mikilat ug mitay-og. Paglingi ni Torquato ang iyang kabaw ug daro nahimong BMW ug ang iyang basak nahimong halapad nga hacienda.

"Natuman na ang imong unang kahilingan. Ang ikaduha?"
"Gusto ko'ng mahimong pinaka-ambongan sa tanang kalalakihan sa tibuok kalibutan!"
"Matuman ang imong kahilingan!"

Midalogdog ang kalangitan, mikilat ug mitay-og. Pagtan-aw ni Torquato sa side mirror sa iyang BMW, mas gwapo pa siya ni Rustom Padilla (hikhik).

"Natuman na ang imong ikaduhang kahilingan. Karon, ang katapusan?"
Naghunahuna ug maayo si Torquato. Ug kalit dihay misantop sa iyang hunahuna. Gi-ablihan ang butones sa iyang karsones ug gitan-aw ang iyaha. Pastilan! (laughing) Pagtan-aw niya sa unahan nakita niya ang usa ka kabayo ug dayon namulong:
"Gusto ko nga kining akoa maparehas nianang sa kabayo!"
"Mao ba kana ang imong gusto?"
"Mao!"
"Sure na?"
"Sure!"
"Deal?"
"Deal!"

Midalogdog ang kalangitan, mikilat ug mitay-og. Paglili ni Torquato sa iyaha, nangurog sya sa kalisang ug gikuyapan. Babaye diay ang kabayo nga iyang nakita sa unahan!

rolling nagbuhakhak

The morale of the story: That's why the Lord does not always grant our prayers because many times we don't really know what we're asking for.
haha2 wicked

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:43 pm

solomon wrote:Kini, paborito sa mga wali:

Usa ka adlaw niana, samtang nagbugwal si Torquato didto sa iyang uma, nakalotan niya ang usa ka talagsaong botelya. Ug sanglit naputos kini sa lapok iyang gitrapohan ug gihinloan. Ug sa kalit mitungha ang gamhanan nga genie.

Genie: "Hohoho! Salamat sa imong pagpalingkawas kanako! Tungod niini, hatagan ko ikaw ug 3 wishes. Bisan unsa imong pangayoon akong ihatag apan dili mo na kini mabakwi pa busa hunahunaa ug maayo! Hohohoho!"

Torquato: (Sa way duhaduha) "Gusto ko'ng mahimong pinaka-adunahan sa tibuok kalibutan!"

Midalogdog ang kalangitan, mikilat ug mitay-og. Paglingi ni Torquato ang iyang kabaw ug daro nahimong BMW ug ang iyang basak nahimong halapad nga hacienda.

"Gusto ko'ng mahimong pinaka-ambongan sa tanang kalalakihan sa tibuok kalibutan!"

Midalogdog ang kalangitan, mikilat ug mitay-og. Pagtan-aw ni Torquato sa side mirror sa iyang BMW, mas gwapo pa siya ni Rustom Padilla (hikhik).

Naghunahuna ug maayo si Torquato. Ug kalit dihay misantop sa iyang hunahuna. Gi-ablihan ang butones sa iyang karsones ug gitan-aw ang iyaha. Pastilan! (laughing) Pagtan-aw niya sa unahan nakita niya ang usa ka kabayo ug dayon namulong:
"Mao!"
"Sure na?"
"Sure!"
"Deal?"
"Deal!"

Midalogdog ang kalangitan, mikilat ug mitay-og. Paglili ni Torquato sa iyaha, nangurog sya sa kalisang ug gikuyapan. Babaye diay ang kabayo nga iyang nakita sa unahan!

rolling nagbuhakhak

The morale of the story: That's why the Lord does not always grant our prayers because many times we don't really know what we're asking for.
haha2 wicked
laugh hard laugh hard
silvester

Male
Hometown : D&G

Post by silvester on Wed May 06, 2009 11:27 pm

A LONG JOURNEY TO SUCCESS

Life's many roads, lead us in many different directions on different paths,
On these roads of travel we see new people, new things,
Everything appears to be perfect.

But, there shall come times when the road is long,
The journey seems rough and the new people,
Places and things you once saw, are no longer around
You stand alone.

Even though the road may then seem lonely, you keep pushing on -
Praying -
Believing that "Yes I can, Yes I will."
And when no one else believes in you, you believe in yourself.

I know the road was hard, it was long -
Because I traveled the same path.
So don't look back, just continue to push forward - All that are in the way, move them out - shun the negativity.

Stay head strong, thank God for everything -
Especially for this long harsh road.
Because it was simply
A long journey to success
bobcat

Male

Post by bobcat on Fri May 08, 2009 7:42 pm

jagekabe wrote:
solomon wrote:Kini, paborito sa mga wali:

"Mao!"
"Sure na?"
"Sure!"
"Deal?"
"Deal!"

rolling nagbuhakhak

haha2 wicked
laugh hard laugh hard

whahahahaha...ok ra Torquats og baje imong "IMOHA" kay mura man kag nawong ni BEBE GANDANGHARI.

Post by Guest on Fri May 29, 2009 7:06 pm

ISAIAH 65:24

This beautiful story was written by a doctor who worked in South
Africa .

One night I had worked hard to help a mother in the labor ward; but in
spite of all we could do, she died, leaving us with a tiny, premature
baby and a crying two-year-old daughter. We would have difficulty
keeping the baby alive; as we had no incubator (we had no electricity to
run an incubator).

We also had no special feeding facilities.

Although we lived on the equator, nights were often chilly with
treacherous drafts. One student midwife went for the box we had for such
babies and the cotton wool that the baby would be wrapped in.

Another went to stoke up the fire and fill a hot water bottle. She came
back shortly in distress to tell me that in filling the bottle, it had
burst (rubber perishes easily in tropical climates)..

'And it is our last hot water bottle!' she exclaimed. As in the West, it
is no good crying over spilled milk, so in Central Africa it might be
considered no good crying over burst water bottles.

They do not grow on trees, and there are no drugstores down forest
pathways.

'All right,' I said, 'put the baby as near the fire as you safely can,
and sleep between the baby and the door to keep it free from drafts Your
job is to keep the baby warm.'

The following noon, as I did most days, I went to have prayers with any
of the orphanage children who chose to gather with me. I gave the
youngsters various suggestions of things to pray about and told them
about the tiny baby. I explained our problem about keeping the baby warm
enough,mentioning the hot water bottle, and that the baby could so
easily die if it got chills. I also told them of the two-year-old
sister, crying because her mother had died.

During prayer time, one ten -year-old girl, Ruth, prayed with the usual
blunt conciseness of our African children. 'Please, God' she prayed,
'Send us a hot water bottle today. It'll be no good tomorrow, God, as
the baby will be dead, so please send it this afternoon.'

While I gasped inwardly at the audacity of the prayer, she added, 'And
while You are about it, would You please send a dolly for the little
girl so she'll know You really love her?'

As often with children's prayers, I was put on the spot. Could I
honestly say 'Amen?' I just did not believe that God could do this.

Oh, yes, I know that He can do everything; the Bible says so. But there
are limits, aren't there? The only way God could answer this particular
prayer would be by sending me a parcel from the homeland. I had been in
Africa for almost four years at that time, and I had never, ever,
received a parcel from home.

Anyway, if anyone did send me a parcel, who would put in a hot water
bottle? I lived on the equator!

Halfway through the afternoon, while I was teaching in the nurses'
training school, a message was sent that there was a car at my front
door. By the time I reached home, the car had gone, but there on the
verandah was a large 22-pound parcel. I felt tears pricking my eyes. I
could not open the parcel alone, so I sent for the orphanage children.
Together we pulled off the string, carefully undoing each knot. We
folded the paper, taking care not to tear it unduly Excitement was
mounting. Some thirty or forty pairs of eyes were focused on the large
cardboard box.

From the top, I lifted out brightly-colored, knitted jerseys. Eyes
sparkled as I gave them out. Then there were the knitted bandages for
the leprosy patients, and the children looked a little bored.. Then came
a box of mixed raisins and sultanas - that would make a batch of buns
for the weekend.

Then, as I put my hand in again, I felt the.....could it really be?

I grasped it and pulled it out. Yes, a brand new, rubber hot water
bottle. I cried.

I had not asked God to send it; I had not truly believed that He could.

Ruth was in the front row of the children. She rushed forward, crying
out, 'If God has sent the bottle, He must have sent the dolly, too!'

Rummaging down to the bottom of the box, she pulled out the small,
beautifully-dressed dolly. Her eyes shone! She had never doubted!

Looking up at me, she asked, 'Can I go over with you and give this dolly
to that little girl, so she'll know that Jesus really loves her?'

'Of course,' I replied!

That parcel had been on the way for five whole months, packed up by my
former Sunday school class, whose leader had heard and obeyed God's
prompting to send a hot water bottle, even to the equator.

And one of the girls had put in a dolly for an African child - five
months before, in answer to the believing prayer of a ten-year-old to
bring it 'that afternoon.'

'Before they call, I will answer.' (Isaiah 65:24)

When you receive this, say the prayer. That's all you have to do. No
strings attached. Just send it on to whomever you want - but do send it
on.

Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive. There is no cost, but a
lot of rewards. Let's continue praying for one another.

This awesome prayer takes less than a minute.

Heavenly Father, I ask you to bless my friends reading this. I ask You
to minister to their spirit. Where there is pain, give them Your peace
and mercy. Where there is self doubting, release a renewed confidence to
work through them Where there is tiredness or exhaustion, I ask You to
give them understanding, guidance, and strength. Where there is fear,
reveal our love and release to them Your courage.. Bless their finances,
give them greater vision, and raise up leaders and friends to support
and encourage them. Give each of them discernment to recognize the evil
forces around them and reveal to them the power they have in You to
defeat it. I ask You to do these things in Jesus' name. Amen

Post by Guest on Fri May 29, 2009 7:17 pm

A great note for all, it will take just 37 seconds to read this and change your thinking

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs.His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked
for hours on end.... They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation.

Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man couldn't hear the band he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days and weeks passed.
One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths, only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window.. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed.
It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window.

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you."

Epilogue:
There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.
Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can'tbuy.
"Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present."

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:52 pm

nyc stories

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:02 pm

Beauty and Love
Author: Unknown

Whenever Beauty looks,
Love is also there;

Whenever beauty shows a rosy cheek
Love lights Her fire from that flame.

When beauty dwells in the dark folds of night
Love comes and finds a heart entangled in tresses.

Beauty and Love are as body and soul.
Beauty is the mine, Love is the diamond.
They have together

since the beginning of time-
Side by side, step by step.
melchiesd

Male
Hometown : bojol

Post by melchiesd on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:17 pm

kahapon, may nakita
akong isang palaka...

sabi ng palaka,
"kokak, kokak"

kanina, may nakita na
naman akong isang palaka...

sabi ng palaka,
"kokak, kokak"

wala lang,

baka siya rin yung kahapon.
big grin giggling

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:24 pm

melchiesd wrote:kahapon, may nakita
akong isang palaka...

sabi ng palaka,
"kokak, kokak"

kanina, may nakita na

sabi ng palaka,
"kokak, kokak"

wala lang,

big grin giggling

hi ekemmmss..
wala kay lingaw nuh?? heheheeh!!!!! regards..
solomon

Male

Post by solomon on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:30 am

tersa wrote:
akong isang palaka...

sabi ng palaka,
"kokak, kokak"

kanina, may nakita na

sabi ng palaka,
"kokak, kokak"

wala lang,

big grin giggling

hi ekemmmss..
dia na.. nag abot na ang mga members sa Phylum Batodnata! rolling

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:15 am

solomon wrote:
tersa wrote:
akong isang palaka...

sabi ng palaka,
"kokak, kokak"

kanina, may nakita na

sabi ng palaka,
"kokak, kokak"

wala lang,

big grin giggling

hi ekemmmss..

toa na nag reply na ang phylum ma-virusan-ta!!!!! hate comp
melchiesd

Male
Hometown : bojol

Post by melchiesd on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:10 pm

tersa wrote:
solomon wrote:
tersa wrote:
akong isang palaka...

sabi ng palaka,
"kokak, kokak"

kanina, may nakita na

sabi ng palaka,
"kokak, kokak"

wala lang,

big grin giggling

hi ekemmmss..

wa na, nanggawas nag mga binatod. basig sunod manggawas ang mga iniko. kuyaw na jud na!

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:09 am

melchiesd wrote:
tersa wrote:
solomon wrote:
tersa wrote:
akong isang palaka...

sabi ng palaka,
"kokak, kokak"

kanina, may nakita na

sabi ng palaka,
"kokak, kokak"

wala lang,

big grin giggling

hi ekemmmss..

wa na, nanggawas nag mga binatod. basig sunod manggawas ang mga iniko. kuyaw na jud na!

tsk-tsk-tsk, dilikado kemmsss ug matakdan ni si kuya sol ni iko. whahahahah!!!! rolling nagbuhakhak wicked

awww.. puntos pajud diay to si nung iko kay nahalin man, bisan last trip kay naka front set man.

kining tawhana wa nay pag asa mahalin..
drooling2 tongue out tongue bleeeh
solomon

Male

Post by solomon on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:05 am

tersa wrote:
melchiesd wrote:

tsk-tsk-tsk, dilikado kemmsss ug matakdan ni si kuya sol ni iko. whahahahah!!!! rolling nagbuhakhak wicked

awww.. puntos pajud diay to si nung iko kay nahalin man, bisan last trip kay naka front set man.

ayaaayyy.. luoya pud nang tawhana uy wicked wicked

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:09 am

solomon wrote:
tersa wrote:
melchiesd wrote:

whaaaa!!!! gapalingoglingog.... firing squad[b]
solomon

Male

Post by solomon on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:11 am

tersa wrote:
solomon wrote:
tersa wrote:
melchiesd wrote:

whaaaa!!!! gapalingoglingog.... firing squad
aron kuno.. ajaw palingog lingog diha uy!
rolling whahaha drooling2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 pm