MAKADIOSTA.COM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MAKADIOSTA.COM

MAKADIOSTA stands for 'Mga Kaparian sa Diyosesis sa Talibon' (Priests of the Diocese of Talibon). This is an internet forum for priests and their friends of the Diocese of Talibon, Bohol, PHILIPPINES. Welcome!

New forum updates are in effect. See the forum tutorial/announcements for instructions.

2 posters

ASCENSION SUNDAY

solomon
    solomon

Male
    Hometown : Candijay,Bohol
    Ordained : 1995-04-27

ASCENSION SUNDAY Empty ASCENSION SUNDAY

Post by solomon Sat May 03, 2008 10:23 am

mubo na jud ni..sharog di ghapon maminaw whehehehe
    lol!

- from Barclay's New Testament Commentary

THE GLORY OF THE FINAL PROMISE
    (Matthew 28:16-20)

"So the eleven disciples went into Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had instructed them to go. And they saw him and worshipped him; but some were not sure. Jesus came and spoke to them. `All power,' he said, `is given to me in heaven and upon earth. Go, therefore, and make all nations my disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to keep all the commandments I have given you. And, look you, I am with you throughout all days until the end of the world.'"

Here we come to the end of the gospel story; here we listen to the last words of Jesus to his men; and in this last meeting Jesus did three things.

(i) He assured them of his power. Surely nothing was outside the power of him who had died and conquered death. Now they were the servants of a Master whose authority upon earth and in heaven was beyond all question.

(ii) He gave them a commission. He sent them out to make all the world his disciples. It may well be that the instruction to baptize is something which is a development of the actual words of Jesus. That may be argued about; the salient fact remains that the commission of Jesus is to win all men for himself.

(iii) He promised them a presence. It must have been a staggering thing for eleven humble Galilaeans to be sent forth to the conquest of the world. Even as they heard it, their hearts must have failed them. But, no sooner was the command given, than the promise followed. They were sent out--as we are--on the greatest task in history, but with them there was the greatest presence in the world.

"Though few and small and weak your bands,
    Strong in your Captain's strength,
    Go to the conquest of all lands;
    All must be his at length."
    mags
    mags

Female

ASCENSION SUNDAY Empty Re: ASCENSION SUNDAY

Post by mags Sun May 04, 2008 8:05 am

salamat, solomon.
    mags
    mags

Female

Post by mags Fri May 09, 2008 4:36 am

yohoooo!!

solomon, asa raka? friday na ugma..hahahaha naluto na ang para sunday nga wali? lol!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2008 11:31 am

nag-kos-kos pas daghang dukot sa kaldero, mags.....tabangi!!! big grin big grin big grin
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2008 12:06 pm

kamulo pa siguro himu ja assignment si solomon mags....hehehe....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pm